Huyen Tran, who arrived on a boat while fleeing religious persecution, says she could be killed if deported – October 1, 2018 – Media alert update 30 Sept 2018: Labor Senator and catholic Bishop oppose deportation of Vietnamese mother
For more information see video here: https://www.facebook.com/racvic/videos/269846426972035/
Online petition here: https://www.megaphone.org.au/petitions/don-t-deport-huyen-stop-separating-families
RAC Petition To: Australian Airlines –
Don’t Deport Refugees and Asylum Seekers to Danger
This petition has been endorsed by:
– Dr Gillian Triggs
– Julian Burnside
– People Just Like Us
– The Edmund Rice Centre
- Do your shares give you voting rights at the Qantas AGM?
- We need you to join us to tell Qantas to stop deportations of refugees and asylum seekers to danger.
- The Australasian Centre for Corporate Responsibility (ACCR) and the Refugee Advice and Casework Service (RACS) are looking for Qantas shareholders to potentially co-file a shareholder resolution calling on Qantas to stop deportations and removals to danger.
- Read more here
Posters for Printing –
PETITION UPDATE – 10 Aug 2018: Qantas is meeting with human rights advocates!
For news about the Biloela Family
- 25/10/18: Qantas faces shareholder rebellion over role in forced deportations (Guardian Australia)
- 03/08/18 – Qantas, don’t deport refugees to danger
- 09/08/18 – Qantas, Virgin targeted over role in refugee repatriation
- 09/08/18 – Calls for Qantas to end involvement in asylum seeker deportations
- 09/08/18 – Qantas and Virgin face protest over deportation
- 09/08/18 – Protestors lobby Qantas on deportations
- 09/08/18 – Australian airlines under pressure to stop asylum seekers deportations
- 09/08/18 – Protesters lobby Qantas over deportations
- 09/08/18 – Pressure mounting on Qantas and Virgin to ban deportation flights
- 09/08/18 – Activists pressure airlines over asylum seekers and refugees
- 09/08/18 – Qantas and Virgin pressured to refuse to take part in removal of asylum seekers
- 09/08/18 – Protestors Want Qantas and Virgin Airlines To Stop Deporting Asylum Seekers
- 09/08/18 – Qantas, Virgin Pose ‘Extraordinary’ Risk To Brand By Deporting Refugees: Rights Groups
- 09/08/18 – Qantas must not take part in the forced removal of people who sought asylum
- 10/08/18 – Qantas and Virgin Australia are Under Fire for Transporting Deported Asylum Seekers and Refugees for the Australian Government.
- 10/10/18 – Can activists really push Qantas and Virgin into standing against the government?
Sydney people say NO to Deportation to Danger