- 18/06/19: Risk Management in Immigration Detention (2019) – Australian Human Rights Commission
- 13/06/19: Kaldor Centre Principles for Australian Refugee Policy – Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law
Kaldor Centre Principles for Australian Refugee Policy
|“A successful refugee policy not only manages national borders, but also protects people who need safety,” Professor Jane McAdam told the audience gathered in Sydney last night, as UNSW Chancellor David Gonski AC launched the Kaldor Centre Principles for Australian Refugee Policy.
These Principles are grounded in evidence and informed by good practices from other countries, as well as from Australia’s past.
They provide real-world examples of how, and why, Australia can develop a better refugee policy.
Please explore the full Kaldor Centre Principles for Australian Refugee Policy or read the summary and key priorities.
- 13/06/19: The externalisation of refugee policies in Australia and Europe: The need for a comparative interdisciplinary approach – Philomena Murray, Director of the Comparative Network on Refugee Externalisation Policies (CONREP), University of Melbourne.
NB Philomena Murray is co-founder and co-convener of Academics for Refugees
16/05/19: 5 Years of Impact– Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law
- 24/01/19: A Call to Action: Transforming the Global Refugee System – World Refugee Council
- 7/01/19: Summary of ALP Refugee Policy from 2018 ALP Conference
- 3/12/18: Indefinite Despair: Mental Health Consequences on Nauru – Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF): Dec 2018
- 21/11/18: Until when: The forgotten men of Manus Island – RCOA & Amnesty
- 19/11/18: Australian Human Rights Commission Inspection of Brisbane Immigration Transit Accommodation: Report (2018) – Australian Human Rights Commission
- 19/11/18: Australian Human Rights Commission Inspection of Christmas Island Immigration Detention Centre: Report (2018) – Australian Human Rights Commission
- 30/10/18: Children on Nauru – AHRC
- 3/9/18: AUSTRALIA’S MAN-MADE CRISIS ON NAURU: Six years on RCOA & ASRC. September 2018
- 29/8/18: Pacific Island Forum Heads of State briefing paper – ARAN
- 28/8/18: Child Trauma on Nauru – The Facts – ASRC
- 23/08/18: Australian Human Rights Commission Inspection of Christmas Island Immigration Detention Centre: Report (2018) – AHRC
- 14/8/18 – The Ballarat Declaration
- 14/8/18 – Criminality with Impunity
- 8/8/18 – RCOA Report on Australian advocacy in Geneva 2018
- 31/07/18: Australian Human Rights Commission Inspection of Perth Immigration Detention Centre: Report (2018) – Australian Human Rights Commission
- 2/7/18 – States of Refuge – Liberty Victoria’s Rights Advocacy Project
- 2018 – UN: Global Trends – Forced Displacement in 2017
- 17/5/18 – Gradations of externalisation: is the EU sailing towards offshoring asylum protection? Daria Davitti, Marlene Fries & Marie Walter-Franke – FMU Policy Brief No. 03/2018
- April 2018 – Making the Global Compacts Work: What future for refugees and migrants?
- 2018 – Making sense of Global Compacts.
- 2017 – Asylum seekers, refugees and human rights: SNAPSHOT REPORT (2ND EDITION) • 2017 – The second edition of this Report provides an update on legal and policy developments related to refugees and people seeking asylum in Australia since 2013.
- 10/11/17 – Australia’s UN report card raises serious concerns, meaningful response by Government crucial – Law Council of Australia
- Sept 2018 – Addressing the Pain of Separation for Refugee Families
- 2017 – Four Years Too Many – Report by GetUP and the Human Rights Law Centre: July 2017
- 2017 – Kaldor – Creating safe zones and safe corridors in conflict situations: Providing protection at home or preventing the search for asylum? – Geoff Gilbert and Anna Magdalena Rüsch – 2017 Policy Brief 5
The Policy Brief series showcases high quality, policy-relevant research on issues relating to forced migration and international refugee law. The views expressed in the Policy Brief represent those of the author and not the Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law. Kaldor Centre Policy Briefs
- 2017 – Amnesty Report: Companies Profit from Abuse of Refugees on Nauru
- Feb 2017 – State of the Nation – Refugee Council of Australia Report
- 2017 – Comcare Report: Untold Damage
- 2016 – Report to the Senate: Life Time Visa Ban
- 2016 – Amnesty – Island of Despair
- 2016 – Academic for Refugees – Policy Paper
- 2106 – AHRC – Pathways to Protection
- 2016 – Amnesty-Human Rights Watch investigation reports medical neglect and assaults on Nauru
- 2016 – Speaking Up: The Global Refugee Youth Consultations in Australia Report
- Feb 2016 – The Forgotten Children – 1 Year On – Feb 2016 – AHRC
- 14/9/16 – Pathways to Protection: A human rights-based response to the flight of asylum seekers by sea
- Nov 2015 – Delays in Citizenship Applications for Permanent Refugee Visa Holders
- Feb 2015 Moss Review into recent allegations relating to conditions and circumstances at the Regional Processing Centre in Nauru – Feb 2015
- 2014 – The Forgotten Children: National Inquiry into Children in Immigration Detention